Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

*GOLD XX3 PIC* @ MJ YOUTH FLIGHT SCHOOL

abt

contributor
註冊日期
2006-06-30
帖子
special thx ISS member, dandill23 for sharing his stories and pic!
below text and pic from him
more more pic...check this link
http://www.solecollector.com/forums/my-trip-to-mj-youth-flight-school-gold-xx3-pic-t757731.html

First I want to say, it was one of the most experiences of my life, and i hope i can share it with you guys and you will enjoy it. And Joel if you are reading this i miss our guava juice haha.

I traveled from New Jersey on Tuesday morning on a five hour flight to LAX, then i took a rent a car with my mother to Santa Barbra. When we first got there, i had a free night and the next morning. But at 1:30 i went to check in at flight school on wednesday.

Day 1: We were assigned our teams. I played Big EAST. I played for St. John. The half day, after check in we were allowed in the gym which is where the UCSB Gauchos play.

0730081552.jpg

George Raveling, assistant coach for the Dream Team, is commisioner and he layed down the law of the camp. I was a Day camper so i did not stay over night.

After being assigned teams and getting the settled, we had dinner which was corn dogs and some otehr snacks. Campers ate and stayed in the Tropicana Gardens which is a good walk from the Event Center, where the main courts are.

0802081231.jpg

After dinner we played some scrimmages and got our teams settled and finalized. My coach was RB as he told us to call him.

Then that night, we returned to the gym to watch Michael Jordan and Tony Parker face off againts eachother in a game called 2-ball where they eached played with another camper they chose. I was not picked however. Two-ball is kind of like around the world with a time limit. Its hard to explain. Michael Jordan was very competitve, whether it was yelling "Hey" whenever Tony Parker shot, or whether it was running his hardest to win almost every round.

He wore a pair of PHLYS which you can kind of see in the picture. They were all red, which i believe is unreleased.

0730082059.jpg

0730082059a.jpg

0730082113.jpg

Campers who won received sneakers, which they would ship to you. I didn't win sneakers all week. Kinda sucks.

At this time, I first noticed that all the counselors were wearing the same sneakers. They wore Jordan Esternos in Black and light blue as i identified them and confirmed which a coach. They were given them as part of the job.

0802081628.jpg

I believe this color is unreleased.

I left the camp after, because I was a day camper back to stay at the Holiday Inn. I tried to talk to Michael on the court but they wouldn't let me so I saw where he left. I went to the exit and saw him walk out, and he gave me a handshake. It was crazy. He then went into his black Range Rover.

FH000014.jpg

Then the next day we took our picture with Michael, which I will scan and upload tomorrow. He wore jordan XX3 WHITE WITH GOLD!!! THEY WERE HOT! I asked him when he would release them, he said in a few weeks. They were all white with the gold stitching similar to the stitching design on the low top red and white xx3's, but in gold. PICTURE HERE mj was breaking necks. hahaha i distorted faces cause i dont know if they want them released.

scan0001-1-1.jpg

Then we went to drills and lunch and then we played. We won by 31. Then dinner, then we won again by 10. Then we came back and had team competitions for a poster. My team didn't win that but Michael was there watching the drills. He wore what looked to be PHLYS in black suede, which werent' released but i couldn't get a picture.

The next day he had people shoot a free throw and taught us all. He was wearing the awesome 23's that you can see in the picture. They had blue on them and gray like the stealths. Very unique.

0801080910.jpg

0801080911.jpg

0801080911a.jpg

0801080911b.jpg

0801080913.jpg

Two more games that day which we both won leaving us 4-0. He was there later that night for some other stuff. He wore Dark blue xx3's which you can kind of see in the picture. I may be mixing up my days though.

0802080911.jpg

0802080911a.jpg

0802080911b.jpg

0802080944.jpg

0802080946.jpg

Next morning he was there for some other stuff which was cool and then we played two more games and won. 6-0 and we would play in championship tomorrow. He came later that night for a "Talk back" session where you could ask him a question.

Great questions where asked like if he thinks Kobe deserves MVP he said yes and he should have 3 he said.

He also said he likes the 3's 11's and 13's best.

He has two houses and few cars.

I asked him what was a harder transition basketball to baseball, or baseball back to basketball. he said he hadn't picked up a bat for years and basketball to baseball was much harder.

He also said that the 6th championship was the hardest mentally for him to get. He said his pregame routine was always to eat steak and sweet potatoes for dinner.

He wore PHLYS that night in Grey suede but you can't see them.

0802082107.jpg

0802082133.jpg

0802082136.jpg

0802082136a.jpg

0802082136b.jpg

FINAL MORNING AUTOGRAPH DAY AND CHAMPIONSHIP. one turned out great the other not so much. We lost the championship. We tied it and then they almost had a buzzer beater but i stole it. Instead of overtime it was first point sudden death which was dumb and we lost. But the autoraph was awesome. He wouldn't talk to anyone while he autographed but he signed my grails. he was wearing the grey PHLYS.

He thanked us all for coming and then walked away.

And this is my signature

0803081138.jpg

on my allstar xx3's with hologram and all. we got a poster at the end of camp, our team photo, and gatorade bottle. It was a great trip and i just got home at 2:30 am to nj so im tired as hell. Best trip of my life and i really enjoyed it and would reccomend it to anyone. amazing experience. thank you MJ for the greatest time of my life.

后巷制造

註冊日期
2008-07-29
帖子
回覆: *GOLD XX3 PIC* @ MJ YOUTH FLIGHT SCHOOL

这辈子最大的心愿之一就是见到乔神一面 ~~~

lujan0304

註冊日期
2006-07-31
帖子
回覆: *GOLD XX3 PIC* @ MJ YOUTH FLIGHT SCHOOL

这辈子最大的心愿之一就是见到乔神一面 ~~~